Tuesday, December 24

tonight was Christmas part three. I love entertaining, but I'm so sick of it I almost just stayed in my room. tonight's roster: me, 'rents, Gran, Rick, Pam, Sheena. Cody was nowhere to be found. Sheena had a stomachache and didn't eat or speak much. Pam looked beautiful, although her health has been bad. Rick has grown a very strange beard. it's a little too thick to be a chinstrap, but it's close. words to live by: whenever you become dismayed by your own strangeness, look to your siblings.

Pam made a big tray of candy, too. I've been hoping she would for months. one bite of her creations and "Christmas miracle" takes on a whole new meaning.

most presents yet to be opened, but tonight I got the DCfC EP to complete my collection and a bottle of the Givenchy cologne. Rick got me some nice AEO pajama pants, and he didn't even know I'd been wanting any.

I've been sending out holiday e-cards like mad. I also need to call Carra and Cassie as soon as Xmas dies down to get the weekend finalized.

Tiff should be in town, but I haven't heard a word. strange. hope she hasn't forgotten my number.

anyway, back to the traditional family viewing of "a Christmas story." if I could get a buck for every time I'll hear "you'll shoot your eye out" for the next few days, I could hire actors to perform a live version next year.

No comments: