Monday, February 17

crack crack crack. that sums it up. I wake up late in the afternoon today to see that GSO has turned into a mass of ice and overall nastiness. come dusk, it has completely shut down. bryan, ali, hannah and myself tried to go to barbecue for dinner (ali's last pork) but it was closed, so we ended up at the waffle house on high point road--like the ONLY thing open. God bless waffle house for always being there. the employees were amazingly cheerful and slightly delirious.

it rubbed off; I came back here, put on offspring's "americana" cd (wow, shades of high school) and a whimsical toboggan, and pseudo-slamdanced around my room while chugging on a 40 of olde english. pretty fly for a white guy, eh? it was incredibly amusing until I did a high jump and landed on the side of my right foot, which still hurts like hell. what was my course of action? for the next few minutes I listened to offspring while chugging the 40 and hopping wildly on my left foot. I love it when I actually have the energy to go completely insane like that. if I could do it more often I'd be a lot better off.

my car has a flat tire. I am pissed about that. I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother fooling with it tomorrow with the weather like it is. the 'rents have to send me the receipt for the tires cuz we just got them from sam's club and they should replace the bum tire for free. til then I'm at the mercy of friends with functional cars. I'm probably better off; I can hang around campus tomorrow and actually get some things accomplished instead of running off to tate st. like always.

I've been thinking a lot about relationships lately--must be valentine's day--and I've decided that pretty much everyone falls into one of three categories: 1) Those Who Can Have Who They Want, 2) Those Who Must Settle, and 3) Those Who Are Too Shy/Picky. that's pessimistic, I know, but I think it's true. very few people are actually #1s. tons are #2s. many, many people are #3s--their problem is that they a) either don't believe that they CAN fit into 1 or 2, or b) refuse to accept that they're not a #1 and therefore stay perpetually single. in theory I guess everyone's a #1, but few people are ever in the right place at the right time to be one. I don't know where I was going with all this. never mind.

I was looking at law schools in frisco and stumbled across the new college of california. they only work with people who want to go into public interest law, and it's a very hippy-artsy sort of place. sounds ideal. I'll have to look into it further. oddly enough, the future doesn't sound too scary today. never fear; tomorrow I'll be sucking my thumb again.

I think that the absolute worst thing you can possibly eat to give you bad breath is a bag of funyuns. I could eat an entire raw onion and my mouth wouldn't taste this sketchy. toothbrush, ho!

No comments: