Monday, February 3

whatta weekend. last night was very amusing. my wonderful, amazing apartment-mates bought me a chick-fil-a nugget tray as a late birthday present. naturally I shared. gabe brought over a bottle of the captain, and several of us got quite giddy.

after a drunken singalong in ashley's suite, I went with her and carra to house of breakfast after we'd sobered up. after we ate carra said something like, "you know, we should really go see that big chair that's around here sometime." I replied, "wanna go now?"

so at 5:30 a.m. we found ourselves in thomasville standing around the big chair. we confused passing cars by pointing up at it. fell into bed around 7. it rocked.

I was very displeased with charles, however. he went to a party at 9 but said he'd leave and be back by 11. he never showed. he called today to apologize, writing off his negligence to an abundance of booze and bud. I dunno--I've never been so substanced that I couldn't make a simple phone call. I'm still fuming.

had a nice, girly evening tonight with ali, a whitman's sampler, and "roman holiday." nothing like audrey hepburn and chocolate to boost your outlook on life.

carra and I had a great discussion last night about how no girl should EVER tell her gay guy friend that their friendship is "just like will and grace." then, on the phone tonight, cassie did exactly that. is it really necessary to pigeonhole a relationship into a neat, tidy, pop culture metaphor? after being on the "will" end of several interactions, I can tell you that it starts to feel rather patronizing.

to those of you who haven't seen "fellini's 8 1/2," do it. I was watching my dvd tonight, and was reminded that the sequence with the dancing prostitute, saraghina, is the funniest thing in any film EVER.

sun's coming up, must be time to go to sleep.

No comments: