Sunday, March 2

I keep thinking it's monday, but I'm sure as hell glad it's not. I do have to get up early tomorrow to see the doctor, though, about the meds possibility. maybe that's why I'm confused.

last night was wacky. I seem to have lost my tolerance for rum, so a few nips of captain morgan's finest made me act very silly indeed. didn't do much, just staggered to bryan and back again. josh was partying hardcore until after I went to bed, hanging out with the 731 folks and stuff. other than that, pretty quiet but still fun.

josh cooked an excellent family dinner tonight, tofu dog "pigs in blankets" and fries. bryan wasn't too thrilled to find out about the veggie dog end of it, but the residents of the hotel yorba now include one full-on veggie and one non-beef eater. as such, it's meatless sundays from here to eternity. fine by me; I'll stay a little healthier that way.

philosophical: I did the whole "star light, star bright" thing tonight with the first one I saw. I won't divulge my wish, but will say that I generally just wish for happiness. corinne once said that it's the only thing worth wishing for--since any other wishes tie in with it somehow, and it's one of the few things you're guaranteed to get at some point, in some quantity. I think that my happiness is contingent on six basic things: love, money, friends, family, health, and God. I have all those things now, except for money--I don't count any that I have, for it's not really my own.

which is why I need to start job hunting stat. it's now march, and the hour groweth late. I've been working on my resume, pitiful thing that it is. I'm going to get some letters of recommendation and build portfolios around that. on the tuesday of break, when I don't have anything to do, I'm going to put on a shirt and tie and make the rounds to every publication in town, foisting copies on anyone who'll take them. I think it's my best course of action.

I also need to round up an apartment mate for the summer, as josh will be at home. if anyone knows of someone who will be in GSO this summer with a car and $315 per month to pay for half of a stunning apartment, do pass it on. homo sapiens a must, neuroses a plus.

again, I'm anxious for spring break, but it's just sinking in that it starts this friday. dude. so much good stuff going on that I need to psyche myself up for. I wish jack zerbe would contact us with more details about the NYC trip. that'd help.

No comments: