Tuesday, March 4

I've had the weirdest feeling all day that something is going to happen. my nerves have been on edge constantly. I went so far as to call home and quiz mom on whether everyone was OK. so far it's all good, but I can't help but wonder if tomorrow will hold anything of note. knock on wood it won't be anything bad.

james might be interested in splitting the apartment with me this summer, hooray! he would be ideal, since he's such a morning person--if I had to drop him by campus at 8:00 a.m. on my way to work he wouldn't care. what with my nonexistent job and all.

ali and I went to jan's tonight and had to overhear the most annoying conversation. this one guy kept pontificating about how much of an adjustment it was to move from NYC to GSO, how he'd never been part of a close-knit group of friends, and how he hadn't heard of yo la tengo. all those things are fine things to say, but it was the way he said them. we hate him. when we take over, he'll be the first to go.

I suck, by the way. I overslept and missed my ernest appointment and doctor's appointment this morning. I'll have to eat humble pie and reschedule tomorrow.

I haven't mentioned "bb&t guy" here before, so I'll preface this story with a brief bio: teller at my bank, amazingly cute in a nerdy way, and maybe gay/maybe not. whenever I go to the bank I keep my fingers crossed that he'll wait on me, but he rarely does. today not ONLY did he cash my check, he waved aside my offer of my account number with, "that's okay, I remember you." he's in love with me, I think. he thinks about me all the time. he writes awful poems about me and doodles our names together on his notebooks. he can't rest for wanting me lying next to him, and has to hug pillows to get any sleep. it's totally obvious.

I had this weird dream last night about gothfield (the dream bluefield, remember). I went into an antique shop to sell all this glassware I had; I was carrying it on a tray. it was late at night, but being gothfield everything was open. I was told to come back in a few minutes when the appraiser was there, so I went into this restaurant that was part of a hotel. I ordered a chocolate torte and coffee. I woke up soon after. so now I'm going to bed; I really need to finish that torte. it had layers of graham crackers and was quite yummy.

No comments: