Wednesday, February 11

good night at work. read p.g. wodehouse, discovered that an error had been made in my favor, and only a little overtime.

sad that wesley clark has bowed out of the running for prez biz. but I, like many americans I'm sure, am willing to throw my support behind whichever democratic candidate is chosen at the last. I'll bet even the 'rents are with me on this one. (former bush supporters both, although dad's usually as much a straight-ticket democrat as mom's a straight-ticket r-word. examining their political beliefs shows their policies to be even more absurd than they would be in most people.)

vague rumors of nasty weather prompted a d.j. to humorously remind his listeners to buy milk and bread. which made me think that the same people who run out to buy those things would also advise people to boil water when a woman is delivering a baby-- there's no concrete reason for doing that, by the way, at least not that I've found. one theory is that it was traditionally done to keep the expectant father out from under foot. I believe that. anyway:

if milk + bread = dumb and milk + bread = boiling water, then milk + bread = boiling water. you can't argue with that. no. don't even try.

No comments: