Thursday, February 26

I've been informed that my list of "arguments against gay marriage" is courtesy of the gator gay straight alliance. they seem to do a number of good works.

speaking of the gay, I must now recant on my statement about gentlemens' scarves, as the fellow (a co-worker) who inspired the comment is unfortunately growing on me. no puns, there.

but is he or isn't he?

arguments for:
1) an incredibly snazzy dresser.
2) his hairstyle must take at least ten minutes to get right.
3) a techie (top of the line cell phone, eagerness to discuss computers, and I dunno for sure but he oozes mac nerd).
4) loves cheesecake even though his "never turn out very well." and I quote.
5) seems much more comfortable in female company.
6) most importantly, drives a new vw jetta.

arguments against:
1) voice very masculine, no sign of lisp or nasality.
2) incredibly unsnazzy shoes, rather aged looking sneakers.
3) thumb-flicks his cigarettes (of the two methods used to remove ash from one's cigarette--the finger-tap and the thumb-flick--the finger-tap is most often seen in ladies, 'mos, and people who don't smoke regularly).
4) gestures and expressions tasteful and subdued; no histrionic hissy fits here.

so it seems that he is...but the vibe just isn't quite there. and I'm looking for it, believe me. but cheesecake and a jetta? I don't know why I even bother wondering. (disclaimer: any cheesecake-baking jetta-driving straight men reading this, don't be offended. but do give me your numbers.)

No comments: