Saturday, August 28

another week grinds to a close with the usual lack of fanfare. although my attitude is much improved since last weekend. my brain shifts gears waaaay too fast for me to obsess about things. that can be a good or a bad thing, though.

mom's getting two kittens tomorrow, one for her and one for me! mine's named willow. hers is named fostina. seriously. they're both purebred himalayans. I'll have to make a trip home in a couple weeks to pick her up-- if I decide to bring her here. as much as I love cats and as independent as they are, they're still a responsibility. and stripped down though my life is, I sometimes have trouble handling the ones I've got.

I actually did some real writing tonight. for a while there I was afraid I'd forgotten how.

I'd like to encourage everyone to join the fight in flipping the electronic bird to internet explorer. get firefox. it's the bee's knees. no pop-ups, no crashes, just brutal and unadulterated web surfin. and the built in wikipedia search still hasn't ceased to delight me.

call from sarah love today! must go out with her and catch up on things.

no call from hannah. does that mean she hasn't done anything exciting to catch me up on, or that she's too busy doing the exciting things?

after many months of trying, I think I've finally convinced my co-workers that I'm bonkers. for no good reason I brought up tramp steamers, then laughed for several minutes about the sheer existence of the term "tramp steamer." everyone looked at me funny. except nadine, who was too busy laughing herself. our brains definitely have some overlap.

all recent drunkenness aside, the fact remains that there's still a lot of p.b.r. in the fridge and it's my duty to help drink it. I will savor a can while reading selected passages from the westing game before turning in for the evening.

No comments: