Sunday, November 28

the holiday has improved my outlook considerably, I must say. thanksgiving was marvelous, especially since justin was able to be there! a few days at home--and off work--have been just the thing for helping me chill out.

trips home always have an odd effect on me, though. being in my old room takes me back to being 7 or 8 years old or thereabouts, back when your parents took care of everything for you. when nothing was more complicated than figuring out how much to charge for a cup of lemonade. when you could say, "I'm going to be...when I grow up," and no one would laugh--because growing up was so far away it was easy to reach for the stars. it all just makes me think about where I have to go from here, where I can go from here. I really want to make 7-8 year old me proud, somehow.

it's time for a shower and a nice, lazy-yet-semi-productive sunday.

No comments: