Friday, June 16

time to put a rumor to rest: according to rupert holmes himself, "timothy" was not a mule. (why does the subject of cannibalism keep coming up in this blog?)

new best thing ever: google sms. at least for the time being, some of the best things in life really are free. everyone with a cell phone needs to take advantage.

I'm sure that, in many cases, women still find themselves unfairly disadvantaged in the workplace. but let me just say that workplaces vary. there are some institutions--or at the very least departments within institutions--where a pair of knockers will let you get away with murder. I won't name names.

semi-related: my vacation reading will involve the devil wears prada. shedding my literary elitism has really given me a lot more to choose from where books are concerned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love chic-lit, as a matter a fact I might just have to say that I am addicted to it. However, I did not like The Devil Wears Prada-but I will be the 1st one in line to see it. I just didn't think some of the characters and their behaviors matched up...I will be curious to know what you think.