Thursday, December 26

this post follows possibly the most nondescript Christmas day ever. gran was still here of course, but everyone else was doing other things so we just sat around all day. I slept disgustingly late and didn't even get dressed. it was glorious, but the best part was the weather. I woke up thinking that it seemed way too light outside (it had been nasty and overcast). open the blinds...snow. the first white Christmas in quite a while. white stuff came down all day til we had about four inches. it's still out there, all purty and stuff. and the weatherman hadn't even predicted it!

in light of some excellent observations about the holidays I read on a fellow blogger's site, I have added links to some folks on the left. anyone who doesn't wanted their online journal associated with mine, let me know and it won't be. and neither will I associate with you. kidding.

got the GRE scores in print today. got a 5 out of 6 on the writing assessment, not too shabby. too bad I'm not actually going to use it anytime soon. I'm starting to wonder about my decision not to go to grad school yet, but I have a little time to think it over. the SFSU deadline's not until March 1, after all, so I could at least give them my stuff and see what happens. we'll see.

am about 200 pages away from being finished with the entire Harry Potter series. dunno what I'll do with my time then; I've been devoting 6-8 hours a day to reading it. damn things suck you right in.

Tiff and I are going to W-S shopping tomorrow. matter of utmost importance: music choice. we haven't driven around together at all in so long, I have to think carefully about what to expose her to on the 4 hours or so we'll be in the car. probably: Wilco, Beulah, Sleater-Kinney, Flaming Lips, Replacements, and a QFS mix. hitting highlights of each. wish me luck.

No comments: