Friday, February 21

yeah, I'm all at home and shit. I'm feeling pretty good. I had a moment earlier, though: mom asked me if I'd picked up my refund check from the business office and I just burst into tears. just because even something as simple and stupid as picking up a check has become too much of a chore for me. I was kind of joking last week when I told james that I was going to start responding to any request with "as if I don't have enough to worry about without..." well, that really is how I feel. all things considered, I don't have that many responsibilities. I just can't seem to deal with them. everything has become too much.

and much to your relief, loyal blog readers, that's why I'm going to start spilling all this to a mental health professional instead of rehashing it here all the damn time.

so on to happier things. I'm getting really stoked about the upcoming trip to nyc. our itinerary: the lion king (meh, not really excited, but it'll be fun), la boheme (am VERY excited), the guggenheim (hope it's not another damn armani exhibit), and a seminar on something-or-other. with only those four activities, I hope we'll have a good bit of free time. I'm looking forward to painting the town red with bryan (although shouldn't the big apple already be red, we ask ourselves?), and seeing the tiffany and the becka. in light of my recent blog discoveries, I might even warn sam of my impending arrival.

I know it's a little early to start looking for an apartment yet, but mom was asking me about places I was considering and I stumbled upon park forest's website. take note, josh: $629 per month would get us a sizable 2 bedroom, 2 bath place with balcony and fireplace AND washer/dryer in the apartment. pool, security, and all that. and it's not too far from GuilCo, right up on brassfield. it's the best deal I've seen. it's silly, but I get all excited just thinking about getting a place, even though it's months off.

I randomly started typing last night, and began something that I think will become at least a short story if not a full fledged book. it's rare that any of my prose is fit for anything but wrapping paper, and I honestly love what I have so far. get ready to laugh, though: it's about someone who falls in love with a theremin player. we'll see how it goes.

ah, a night in my own bed. a rare treat.

No comments: