Saturday, March 1

these past two days have been nothing short of amazingly wonderful. the storm didn't get bad enough to cancel most morning classes (just 8:30s), but it worsened yesterday and the ice got really dangerous. the power went out around 1:00 (I think; I was in class). I freaked out because I hadn't finished my exam for jack's class, and knew that he wouldn't cut us any slack. the campus network was dead and I had no way to access my work. but as it turned out, they cancelled night classes and we have the weekend to do it.

the outage was OK, though; milner got evacuated and charles came over here. gabe showed up and we sat around candles and talked. hilarity ensued, as per usual. we finally went to k-vegas to denny's, only to find that the entire town was dark. came back to gso denny's before going home to bed--with power restored.

then today. slept gloriously late, then left for carrboro with josh and ali. good dinner, then to the rilo kiley show. so fucking amazing. I think they're endangering death cab for cutie's status as my second favorite band...anyway, they're definitely a close third. I got to meet jenny lewis (lead singer) and blake sennett (guitar/vocals, and yes, he WAS pinsky on "salute your shorts") and be a big nerd asking them to sign my cd case. they were very cool folks, and will play around here again in june. I'm so there.

I didn't get to go to the doctor today; they called and cancelled. guess I won't know til monday what, if any, crazy pills I get to take.

bryan hasn't been in the apartment in days. he must be enjoying a conjugal visit with hannah. and by that I mean...

forgot to mention that we got a new dishwasher courtesy of maintenance, finally. she is a beautiful white appliance that has been christened gloria.

I'm ready for spring break. I want it. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. it's my bar of chocolate. give it to me...now!

No comments: