Wednesday, February 26

heh. I was thinking of beginning this post with "I'm tired...", but then I looked at my last one. well, I'm tired. I've managed to crank out a four page play scene and a five page paper so far tonight, but I still have my queer cinema final to worry about. maybe the ice storm will worsen and they'll at least cancel morning classes (it's supposed to cause some problems, but hasn't yet). we can only hope.

bought a new printer at best buy today. mom--thanks for letting me keep the tuition refund; it's been put to good use!

saw ernest today. is it usual for a mental health professional to recommend medication after a 20 minute conversation? maybe he's right; I'm supposed to see the school doc on friday to get his advice on the matter. all I know is I'd do anything to stabilize my mood a little. ernest thinks I have dysthymia--a low-grade form of depression that works in long cycles of ups and downs. all the symptoms fit; he even said it usually starts around age 12 or 13, which is when I basically went batshit for a while. we'll just see how it goes.

george w. was on the tv earlier, now it's saddam hussein. I always doubted whether a hussein interview would air on a major network in the states...the powers that be would be too afraid that he'd make bush look dumb. now that we're seeing one, well...put it this way. josh and ali are watching in the living room when I go in. me: "so how much smarter than bush does he seem so far?" josh: "hard to say. wish I spoke arabic." yeah.

I randomly checked rilo kiley's tour schedule last night, and they're playing in carrboro on friday. what luck! I'm so addicted to that album.

in fact, have some lyrics:

"oh, you're almost home.
I've been waiting for you to come in.
dancing around in your old suits
going crazy in your room again.
I think I'll go out and embarrass myself
by getting drunk and falling down in the street.
you say I choose sadness,
that it never once has chosen me.
maybe you're right..."
--rilo kiley, "the good that won't come out"

No comments: