Sunday, May 11

finally I'm pretty much shut of campus. lots more moving today, more than I'd thought. the car's still full, but I'll have a lot more energy to empty it tomorrow.

the drive to raleigh with beth was great, though. her visit was so much fun, like nothing had changed since she left two years ago. and dammit, she'd better come back for some more chillin ASAP!

speaking of driving...I put one big motherfucking dent in the car today. driving around to the front of the campus apartment I absentmindedly sideswiped the light pole. the entire passenger side door is dented in and scraped. I'm going to ask mom if I could trade her the passat for the 4runner for a while and she and dad could take care of the car's cosmetic and mechanical needs in the meantime. otherwise I'll just put it off. veronica, I'm so sorry. you deserve better than me.

I hear tell that there are full time positions open at both the rhino times and the jamestown news. but I heard that rhino has strong republican affiliations, which I wasn't aware of. can anyone confirm or disconfirm that? because honestly, I'd rather work at mickey d's than for republicans.

carra and I had a superb dinner tonight at sushi rock. best raw fish I've ever eaten. a little on the expensive side, but I will absolutely go there again.

started reading a confederacy of dunces today. totally hilarious. all the characters are chronically irritable and complaining, kind of like myself and my pals. and someone's accused of being a communist on almost every page.

also stopped at cd alley today for a quick browse; on impulse bought a used copy of the starlight mints' dream that stuff was made of. my indie snob review: what pavement would sound like if they were an elephant 6 band. my non-snob review: the best album I've bought in a very long time. go get it.

I'm actually getting around to driving back to wv tomorrow, so I'm gonna head home for some sleepage. the earlier start I get, the quicker I can get to the dq for a chili dog.

No comments: