Friday, May 16

I was contacted today about interviewing for a position at spherion. spherion is a staffing firm, so I'm not certain exactly where I'd be working. nor am I exactly certain what the position in question entails. I know only that I have the basic skills required for a full-time job which pays in the low 20s per year. come tuesday at 2 pm, we'll find out.

had dinner at backstreets with nicole, then tagged along while she bra shopped at vickie s. she's quite stoked about med school, which I understand. ah, to have such direction!

the poltergeist in my parents' house has been particularly active since I've been here. I'm puttering around my room when a round rug--which had been wedged firmly behind a bookcase--rolls out on its edge and circles into the middle of the floor. yesterday a stack of videotapes randomly fell.

for those of you not familiar with the house's history, the original owner was murdered and his daughter later died here (in my room). we're always finding things around the house that no one owns or has put there, like Christmas lights and pairs of jeans. the antique clock upstairs randomly chimes, although no one winds it. there's one bedroom in the house that several people have refused point blank to enter, for no reason that they could name. a ball of blue fire once shot across the bedroom adjacent to that one. footsteps have been heard walking down from upstairs, although no one is there. and once I was awakened by a pounding outside on my wall, although my bedroom is one story up.

I love this house.

anyway, time for my reruns. if only the stupid dog would shut up barking; he only does it to hear himself. I need to look up the location of the nearest sausage factory and brandish the address at him.

No comments: