Wednesday, May 21

sorry about the unprecedented few days of not posting; I'm sure everyone's been heartbroken. so I got the spherion job, whee! my computer testing was enough to counterbalance my lack of experience, thankfully (who knew that I could type 83 wpm with no mistakes?!). I call tomorrow to get my first work assignment. although I hope this one's fairly short-term--I still want to go to chicago w/josh, and will certainly do so provided that I'm not workin. I'm not thrilled to be working as a temp, really, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for other opportunities. but as long as I get the rent paid, and it ain't food service.

sidenote: I went for some coffee after leaving spherion's offices. can I just say how many weird looks you get wearing a tie on tate street? especially when you pull up in a big honkin suv?

addendum to sidenote: I miss my car, but it should be ready shortly.

carra is also employed as of yesterday! she begins work tomorrow, at fye. speaking of josh...

last night was good. emily, tom, and charles all stayed over. there was much drinking of rum to celebrate the end of involuntary gabin' in 4109. charles conked out early, so I was a gracious host and let him have my bed while I couched it. before bed, though, carra and I sat on the lanai (patio to you non-golden girls fans) and talked until almost 6:00 a.m. about a little of everything. loved it.

natia and I are headed for the coast on saturday, provided the weather's fine. haven't been to an nc beach since I was a toddler. should be a hip-hoppin good time.

time to go shopping for a computer desk. I'm so sick of sitting on the floor to print out resumes.

No comments: