Friday, August 22

yes, I got the donuts. and watched an episode of buffy. very nice bedtime activities.

lots of bats hang around the lights outside my workplace. they swoop down to snatch the insects. tonight, this thought: "the bats darted and plunged like sewing machine needles gone horribly awry." a terrible analogy, but a funny one.

tonight was the o.d. employee appreciation cookout. very amusing to see a member of the conklin family dishing out chili. sort of a "real world" equivalent of don mcnemar--or kent chabotar, for you younger generation--carving turkey at guilford's thanksgiving dinner.

new adjective: "tranquilocrity." tranquility + mediocrity. in my mind, the two often go hand in hand. sort of like my life at the moment. peaceful and serene, but nothing special.

question: will I be labeled a shameless fop if I do end up moving to nyc, going to film school, and living in williamsburg? I most certainly will. but it sounds like such a good idea.

best physical sensation caused by food: taking a gulp of a cold beverage on a hot day and feeling it go down into your stomach.

worst physical sensation caused by food (excluding stomach/intestinal ailments): pizza cheese burns in your mouth.

word to the wise. by that I mean, "what's up, smart people?"

last and most likely least, a recipe for an excellent energy booster: stir one packet of swiss miss hot chocolate mix (or brand of your choice) into an 8 ounce cup of strong black coffee. stir. drink. ponder life's mysteries. climb walls.

No comments: