Sunday, January 18

did get to winston today. scored a cashmere sweater at like 60% off. dinner at olive garden with j and b (heh...that's a whiskey) followed by a movie, big fish, which I plan to do a lengthy p.f. post about soon. but for now, I say this: see it. please. it's one of only 4 or 5 films I've seen that have honestly made me examine life from a different perspective.

and it's put me in an introspective mood. that and a fun night out with ashley and carra at jake's, followed by buffy and snuggling with carra here. but anyway, here's the thing. I realize that I've become so caught up with my routine and my everyday goals--work, make money, do the basic things I have to do to get by--that I've lost sight of how multifaceted the human mind can be. well, maybe it's less that and more losing sight of the human spirit. I'm not saying that I've become more of a machine than a man (perish the robotic thought). but it's a friendly reminder to acknowledge that I need, to use the old cliche, to get a life.

I'm working on it. because nights like tonight remind me that a life is a good thing to have.

jake's must be slipping narcotics into their waffles, because I'm so tired. well, it is sunrise and about my bedtime, after all. ta.

No comments: