Friday, February 13

lucky.

1) I'm lucky to have my job. it's pleasant, steady, and I have some great co-workers. most importantly, it provides me with enough money to buy pretty much whatever I want. okay, no new maserati or anything. but if I feel like picking up some godiva chocs or some dvds or somethin, I can just go and do it.

2) I'm lucky to live in greensboro. it's large enough to be entertaining (anyone who complains about gso being boring just doesn't look around enough) but small enough to feel safe and familiar.

3) I'm lucky to live with josh. there aren't many people that I can really speak with and say whatever's on my mind without fear of seeming too random, too dense, or just flat out annoying. stream of consciousness relationships are rare; I tally up three in my lifetime. so it's good to live with one.

4) I'm lucky to have my apartment. granted it's a hellish commute to t-vegas from here, but not even in the chair city could we get a place like ours for the price.

5) I'm lucky to have my friends here. they're such a kooky bunch, and they all seem to understand when I get too caught up in my own little world to be with them as much as I'd like.

[furrows brow, ponders leaving greensboro]

unrelated note: does anyone remember the part in the stand where the scientist becomes obsessed with the spinning centrifuge in the laboratory filled with dead workers? how he consults the computer to ascertain the likelihood of the thing burning out before he goes friggin nuts? I feel his pain. the dryer must be repaired before the squeaking drives me bananas.

No comments: