Sunday, March 9

so much for saturday. slept most of the day and awoke feeling somewhat better--no fever anymore, and my throat feels a little less swollen. gabe and I went to the super buffet for dinner and back here to watch "return to oz," a film of which we shall never tire. josh and ali called from m.b. around 4 today, having a blast. sigh. well, if it came down to that or feeling like death in new york, I'll take that.

speaking of new york, however, can you believe that practically all of broadway is on strike? I dunno what we'll do if we get up there with no shows to see. well, I'm assuming that we'll be given free reign to run amok as we see fit. at least I'd like to think so.

I shut myself in early tonight and watched "beautiful thing" to unwind; it was the first time I'd seen it. such a sweet little love story, unremarkable but endearing. it brought back fond memories of being 16 and discovering love myself...wait a minute, those memories aren't so fond. dammit! I hate it when that happens. although I certainly do recall that tender, covert innocence that comes with a first queer romance. "nobody knows but us, I'm so glad I found you," all that sort of thing. then we grow up, start waving pride flags, and openly quote margaret cho for all the world to hear. I certainly don't lament coming out, but there really is something to be said for closeted relationships. there's just no mystique anymore, alas!

it really sucks having such enormous sinuses that they stop only about 2 mm from where the roots of my teeth begin. every time my sinuses go awry my teeth hurt like a bitch. it makes me want to tie a rag around my head and hold my jaw melodramatically. it's so funny when people do that in old movies and things.

anyway, before I digress into total randomness, this snot rocket's hittin the hay.

No comments: