Thursday, April 24

I opted to skip out on sleep in favor of finishing all my scholastic shit. probably not the best course of action when recovering from an illness, but at least I'm out from under my work. and I got some yummy stuffed french toast at ihop this morning.

I'm about to wrap up my one-act play. it's called "see the bunny." it is an utter piece of crap. but huey really liked where it was going, so I've kept on with it. but reading it makes me want to barf. such melodramatic middle school claptrap. that's what I get for writing from experience, heh.

the film "festival" is being held tonight. I'm also anxious for that to draw to a close. I hope I don't fall asleep during one of the films I'm showing. well, if I gotta sleep all day tomorrow, that's fine.

now that I'm no longer sidetracked by sickness or schoolwork, my worries are now completely focused on my lack of employment. I feel sure that the n&r position has been filled by now; have to get on the horn with my contact there and try to dredge up something, anything. I really hope I don't have to deliver pizza or something to pay the bills. you know, its a real shame how many people I know who are in my position: $100k educations and working in retail, if not worse. it's funny how long it takes to find out that bachelor's degrees--with the possible exceptions of business and education--aren't worth the paper they're printed on. so disheartening. "reality bites" should be shown to every incoming first-year. stupid of me not to see it until fairly recently.

last week I mentioned my mission to come clean to a long-term crush. said mission still exists, so here's hoping he shows up at the qfs party this weekend!

anyway, time to play nintendo or something for two hours until class. too bad naps don't agree with me.

No comments: